Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Blackie the Cat

Well, I dont know if anyone will be interested in this but I felt like writing about it anyway. We got two little kittens last summer, and because we live out in the country and there are coyotes around we let them live on the back porch. They were just to little to be put outside to fend for themselves.I promised myself that I would never get attached to another animal because if something happens to them , its just to hard. Well, I got attached.Especially after I backed out of the garage and ran over Blackie. He ran into the porch and seemed to be fine. He limped around for a day or two but that was all. That was two and a half months ago.We babied him and his sister, let them come into the house all the time,laughed at them, loved them and were really happy they were around. We woke up Tuesday morning and Blackie was dead. What a shock. They had been in the house the night before wrestling and playing and seemed fine. His sister seems lost without him. We are letting her in the house alot so shes not alone. Needless to say if anything happens to her im done with the pets. Its heart wrenching, and I dont want to go through it again. Here is a picture of Blackie when we first got him. Hes hard to see but is right behind the sunflowers.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

aww how sad what happened!!!!!!

Tawn said...

AWWWW! What a cute little kitty! If it helps any, Blackie is up in heaven running around with all the other cute kitties! But I know exactly what you mean----it's so hard to lose a pet! I LOVE ANIMALS!!!!!! :)