Monday, May 11, 2009

Moving my piano


Since I have my scrapbooking room done and moved the desk into there I decided to bring my piano up from the basement since I now have room for it. My parents bought this piano for me when I was about four years old. We had my sisters piano but when she got married she came and got it. I remember crying because it was gone, so for my birthday thats what I got and started lessons. Its been down in my basement and of course I wouldnt go down there to play. I think with a litle practice it will come back to me. My husband and I moved it ourselves. If you have never moved a piano, you dont know how heavy they are. We had to move it from one end of the basement to the other, out the garage, and in to a trailer.Then up the driveway to the back porch. Then out of the trailer, up a few stairs to the back porch and on into the house.It took us about 3 hours to do this but it was worth it. It looks so nice. I need to get it tuned and them Im going to get back to playing. I wont tell you how long its been since I played it but Im excited to get started.

3 comments:

Tawn said...

WOW! You both must be very BUFF to move that big piano! LOL! HONK-HONK! It will be really nice for you to play again:)

Michele and Wyatt said...

It looks great in your house. It will be good to start playing again. I can't believe you moved it yourselves. I thought that was what your kids were for.

Jamie said...

wow mom that looks nice!! I like it there!! and yea u have a big strong son across the road why didnt u ask him or me!! have u seen my muscles lately ha ha!!