Monday, August 10, 2009

One of my hobbies.

A few years ago, I took a class on carving gourds. It has been so much fun. Even though its time consuming I have really had a lot of fun. I have sold a couple and I have given alot of them away,and of course I have kept quite a few.The gourds that I am carving I grew in my garden a few years ago. You have to let them dry,clean the outer skin off from them aqnd then carve them. It takes about 3 days to completely finish one.These first pictures are one before I carved on, and then the finished product.Then the next pictures are ones I have done and kept.

5 comments:

Tawn said...

WOW! VERY BEAUTIFUL! What a fun hobby! I have never seen that before, I really like it! Honk Honk!!!!!!!!!

Brandilyn said...

they are so pretty! you should teach me how to make one :] or make one for me to put in my house :] haha. i love them, very beautiful!

Michele and Wyatt said...

Impressive! You are very talented.

logcabins said...

The gards you carve are beautiful!!
Thank you very much for the one you gave us!!!!!

mik said...

Peg,
I knew you were talented, my goodness I absolutely adore these. Those have to be some of the neatest things I have seen in along time. I love them..way to go..
See ya soon Mik