Monday, July 6, 2009

The Powwow

Every year on the 4th of July week- end the Northern Utes hold their powwow. This year was the 41st year.I believe my husband and I have been to almost all of them. My husband just has to go get some fry bread so we go every year.It is pretty neat to see. Some of the native dress is beautiful.They have booths selling all kinds of stuff from food to turquoise jewelry.Then at 7:00 every night they have the grand entry where you get to see all of the dancers and their native dress.If you have never seen it, it really is something to see. Their are Indians from all over the country dancing for money. They travel from Powwow to Powwow and its fun to watch the differnt ways of dancing. As long as they have it Im sure we will go. Especially for that fry bread.




2 comments:

Tawn said...

Looks like alot of fun! You got some great pics!!!! HONK HONK! I love the 4th of July! It's really a awesome Holiday!

Michele and Wyatt said...

I've never been to that. It looks like fun. Maybe we'll have to go next year.